|| SOLO RIDE TO CHATAKPUR ||
"It's been a long time, now I'll go solo" - I kept thinking, finally got a chance to go out in search of the unknown hill village Chatakpur (7887 ft).
Rongtong-Shibkhola Tea Garden-Giddapahar-Paglajhora falls-Kurseong to Sonada via Siliguri Hill-Cart. The road after Sonada is a bit confusing, because there is no road from there. All that is left is a boulder terrain, which can no longer be called a road.
However, I found a virgin village like this where very few people travel. And there is no place to be disappointed, because the beauty of that mountain village, the dense pine forest, and the Kanchenjunga-view is bound to captivate any nature lover.
When we reached after the whole ride at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, by that time a cloud like thick fog had surrounded the whole village. Cloudy chatakpur village was then the ideal plot for SundaySuspense's "Pornsbari Snake". At that time, four or five families who came to the village surrounded by the same homestead were eating lunch and sleeping. Huge pine trees in the thick clouds were creating a creepy atmosphere.
Then came the best part of solo trip- you never stay here alone, when you are solo then everyone is your friend. The talk was with four more Bike Riders from Konnagar, and the friendship was forged in the evening chat. I found out that the return train was the same the next day. So I fixed the return route the next day, and they also decided to join me.
In the morning we visited Sunrise and Kalipokhri jheel and went out on our route- Chatakpur-Sonada-Jorebangla-Tukdah Forest- Lamahatta-Peshok Tea Garden-Teesta-Sevoke-NJP.
Chatakpur is definitely an ideal place for two days of peace from the scorching heat and traffic jams of the city.
PS: Those who prefer off-roading, it's heaven for them.













